Write for Linux Journal
We always are looking for contributed articles. Only by accepting articles from a variety of Linux users involved firsthand in the projects they write about can we do justice to the many areas in which people are applying Linux and the software that runs on it.
We mainly run tutorial articles for all levels of expertise. Someone who is an expert on Verilog may be starting out on a sound editing application, so not all introductory articles are for new users only. We always appreciate good introductions to new and useful software.
We also are looking for real world stories. If you are using Linux to do something unusual or if you are using Linux on a large scale, many people would like to read your story in Linux Journal. Our readers rely on Linux Journal to show them when Linux becomes a good choice for new kinds of projects. So, if you're the first person you know to do something on Linux, please let us know.
You do not have to be a professional writer to write for Linux Journal. If you have written informative Web pages or helped users succeed with their Linux projects by posting good answers to mailing lists, you have the basic writing skills needed to become a Linux Journal author.
Please read our author's guide, and send us e-mail if you have an idea for an article. Be sure the subject line contains descriptive words, such as "C compiler article", to help us when sorting through submissions.
- Please read our LJ Author's Guide for more information.
- Here are topics with specific due dates that we are interested in.
- Public relations professionals, please read our LJ PR Guide for information on working with us effectively.
- Vendors, please click here for information on submitting products for review.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep