Last summer, I wrote about local Ruby events and the RubyConf*MI event that was (at that time) just announced. Since then, I've taken some time to write about regional conferences, and to encourage people to check out the Ruby Central grant program.
The organizers have recently opened up registration for the 2007 MountainWest RubyConf. This should be a great event. They've got some really speakers lined up and they're keeping the price right (just $50). Geoffrey Grossenbach has even lined up some training before the conference.
The Silicon Valley Ruby Conf organizers have released a call for presenters. They haven't announced a location yet, but should make that announcement soon. The conference will be April 20-21.
I've heard that there is an impending call for presenters from the Gotham Ruby Conference. This one will be in New York City on the 21st of April, and is targeting Rubyists from around the world. It'stoo bad that it's on the same weekend as the Silicon Valley event though.
I've heard some rumblings about a second annual RubyConf*MI to be held this summer. They're changing the name to Michigan Ruby Conference and planning a number of improvements (though they put on a great conference last year). I believe they'll be releasing a call for presenters in February.
Momentum for regional gatherings like this is growing. 2007 is looking good for Ruby fans.
-- -pate http://on-ruby.blogspot.com
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- This should be very helpful
52 min 12 sec ago
- As much as I share your point
3 hours 12 min ago
- So girls had it better ?
6 hours 43 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
7 hours 3 min ago
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
12 hours 36 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
17 hours 38 min ago
17 hours 58 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
18 hours 23 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
18 hours 36 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
1 day 15 min ago