Removing a major Compiz annoyance
As much as I love the 3D Compiz/Cgwd, there is one thing I can do without: Wobbly menus. When you pull down or pop-up a wobbly menu, hitting the right menu selection is like target practice. It's even worse if you have to drill down to a sub-sub-sub menu selection because each sub-menu wobbles, too. Here's how to turn off this behavior in the most recent installation of Compiz.
csm program to customize the behavior of plugins. Select
Wobbly Windows from the left panel. Look for the
Map Windows Types group box. Uncheck
DropdownMenu. That's all there is to it. You can uncheck
Menu, too, if it's checked on your system. It isn't checked by default on mine. Here's a quick screen shot of the
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- New Products
- EdgeRouter Lite
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- RSS Feeds
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!