Removing a major Compiz annoyance
As much as I love the 3D Compiz/Cgwd, there is one thing I can do without: Wobbly menus. When you pull down or pop-up a wobbly menu, hitting the right menu selection is like target practice. It's even worse if you have to drill down to a sub-sub-sub menu selection because each sub-menu wobbles, too. Here's how to turn off this behavior in the most recent installation of Compiz.
csm program to customize the behavior of plugins. Select
Wobbly Windows from the left panel. Look for the
Map Windows Types group box. Uncheck
DropdownMenu. That's all there is to it. You can uncheck
Menu, too, if it's checked on your system. It isn't checked by default on mine. Here's a quick screen shot of the
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff
- Returning Values from Bash Functions