Maximize Desktop Speed
By applying just a few changes to your Linux box, you can get a faster response and greater speed, and you will be able to show off your machine to everybody. Then, after following the suggestions in this article, look around the Internet on your own, and you will be able to pick up more speed, but be careful, making these enhancements can become addictive!
“The ELF Object File Format by Dissection” by Eric Youngdale: www.linuxjournal.com/article/1060
“Making inodes behave” by Clay J. Claiborne, Jr.: www.linuxjournal.com/article/4404
“Wikipedia: Inode”: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inode
“Linux: Tuning swappiness”: kerneltrap.org/node/3000
Wikipedia: Virtual Memory: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_memory
“Tuning Linux VM on Kernel 2.6” by Mladen Gogala: www.dba-oracle.com/t_tuning_linux_kernel_2_6_oracle.htm
“...and especially for your laptop”: beranger.org/index.php?article=1547&page=3k
gOS Features: www.thinkgos.com/technology.html
gOS, Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOS_(Linux_distribution)
Federico Kereki is an Uruguayan Systems Engineer, with more than 20 years' experience teaching at universities, doing development and consulting work, and writing articles and course material. He has been using Linux for many years, having installed it at several different companies. He is particularly interested in the better security and performance of Linux boxes.
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
|Recipy for Science||Nov 16, 2015|
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- November 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment