Linux Journal Contents #29, September 1996
Sep 01, 1996 By Staff
LJ Interviews Linus Torvalds
by Phil Hughes and Gena Shurleff
With the release of Linux 2.0 on June 9, we thought it was once again time to visit the father of the OS.
Linux Distributions Compared
by Bryan Phillippe and LJ Staff
Linux is evolving quickly. As we did in March 1996, we detail the features of Linux distributions to help you select one to meet your needs.
Licenses and Copyright
by Michael K. Johnson
What's the difference between a license and a copyright? It's important for those who program for Linux to know.
Using TeX with xtem
by Evelyn Mitchell
A guide to xtem—a program that makes it easier for someone new to TeX to manage.
News and Articles
Getting to Know gdb
by Mike Loukides and Andy Oram
ILUG Shows Off
by Shay Rojansky
Bochs: A Portable PC Emulator for Unix/X
by Kevin P. Lawton
Linux Journal Answers Your Technical Questions
by Linux Journal Staff
Letters to the Editor
From the Editor
From the Publisher
Linux Means Business
Using Progress at SSC
Directories & References
- Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!
- How to Calculate Flash Storage TCO
- Readers' Choice Awards
- Getting a Windows Refund in California Small Claims Court
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now
- Hodge Podge
- HOSTING Monitoring Insights