Best of Technical Support
Several readers have requested a forum where short, specific questions—especially those regarding installation and setting up a Linux system—could be answered. Others have expressed a desire for better, more specific, information on how to use each of the various Linux distributions.
In an effort to fill these needs we will feature a new column: Best of Technical Support.
The column will be in question-and-answer format. We hope to answer both “generic” Linux questions and vendor-specific questions.
The generic Linux questions will be answered by the team of Linux gurus we have assembled. The expert support staffs of the vendors themselves will answer the questions aimed at one vendor or distribution.
Our new column should provide an opportunity to learn more about the features and quirks of the various distributions, as well as be a great learning tool for less experienced Linux users.
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
|Recipy for Science||Nov 16, 2015|
|Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security||Nov 13, 2015|
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Simple Photo Editing, Linux Edition!
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Libreboot on an x60, Part II: the Installation
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- How Will the Big Data Craze Play Out?
- November 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration