Linux Journal Contents #23, March 1996
Mar 01, 1996 By Staff
Linux Distributions Compared
There are more Linux distributions than ever. Our editor takes you on a tour to help you decide which is best for you.
Linux Distributions Features Comparison Chart
Graphic Formats for Linux
by Gerald Graef
What ARE all those graphics storage formats and which should you use? Gerald Graef explains the methods and benefits.
News & Articles
by Tim Jones
Want a way to view and animate 3-D objects? Then Geomview may help you.
Ext2tools for Linux
by Robert A. Dalrymple
How to use Windows and Linux on the same PC while losing neither your mind nor your files.
Running Windows Applications NOW
by Ron Bardarson
Need to run MS Windows Applications right away? Then DESQview/X offers a solution.
Dynamic Kernels - Modularized Device Drivers
Letters to the Editor
Stop the Presses
The cpio command
Linux Configuration and Installation
Building a Linux Internet Server
Directories & References
- Smoothwall Express
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Own Your DNS Data
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)