Linux Journal Contents #206, June 2011
May 31, 2011 By Staff
Hexapod—a Linux-Powered Spider Robot
by Anton Borisov
Interview with Matt Bunting, the hexapod robot developer.
Debugging Embedded Linux Platforms with GDB and Python
by Tom Parkin
GDB provides support for scripting debugging actions using a Python interpreter.
Breaking Free the Gumstix DSP
by James McColl
Setting the Gumstix Overo Fire ablaze with the DSP.
Speech I/O for Embedded Applications
by Rick Rogers
Speech I/O works! See how to apply it in your next embedded application project.
CyanogenMod 7.0—Gingerbread in the House
by Shawn Powers
What happens when you mix powerful, Linux-powered cell phones with an active Open Source community?
Tiny Core Linux
by Joey Bernard
An intro to this very small, run-in-memory distro.
Roll Your Own Embedded Linux System with Buildroot
by Alexander Sirotkin
Embedded Linux, the easy way.
A Primer to the OAuth Protocol
OAuth is a simple way to authenticate users.
Reuven M. Lerner's At the Forge
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
More Fun with Days and Dates
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
DNS Cache Poisoning, Part II: DNSSEC Validation
Kyle Rankin's Hack and /
Lightning Hacks—the Command Next Door
by Kyle Rankin
Doc Searls' EOF
Whatever Sinks Your Boat
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff