Linux Journal Contents #145, May 2006
May 01, 2006 By Staff
Running Sound Applications under Wine
by Dave Phillips
You can make Linux sound better with a little Wine.
by Matthew E. Hoskins
Run Linux on top of Linux? It makes sense. Really.
QEMU: a Multihost, Multitarget Emulator
by Daniel Bartholomew
Can a free virtual system offer what you need?
by Irfan Habib
Xen's unusual approach to virtual systems can give it a speed edge.
Embedded Java with GCJ
by Gene Sally
GCJ may not be for end-user applications, but it's the bomb for embedded systems.
Is Linux Voice over IP Ready?
by Machtelt Garrels
What are the viable VoIP options for Linux and how do they compare?
Manipulating the Network Environment Using RTNETLINK
by Asanga Udugama
Socket to me with the RTNETLINK kernel interface.
Top Ten Tips for Getting Started with PHP
by Marco Fioretti
Want to avoid common pitfalls when getting started with PHP?
Reuven Lerner's At the Forge
Google Web Services
Marcel Gagné's Cooking with Linux
The Virtual Streets of $HOME
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell
Mick Bauer's Paranoid Penguin
Security Features in Debian 3.1
Dee-Ann LeBlanc's Get Your Game On
Playing PlayStation Games in Linux
Jon “maddog” Hall's Beachhead
A Tale from Margaritaville
Doc Searls' Linux for Suits
Linus Takes a Pass on the New GPL Draft
by Doc Searls
Nicholas Petreley's etc/rant
The 64-Bit Question
VMware Workstation 5.5 for Linux Hosts
by Mick Bauer
In Every Issue
|September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs||Sep 01, 2015|
|September 2015 Video Preview||Sep 01, 2015|
|Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic||Aug 31, 2015|
|Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?||Aug 28, 2015|
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
|Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking||Aug 26, 2015|
- Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic
- September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization
- My Network Go-Bag
- Doing Astronomy with Python