Use netstat to See Internet Connections
Using netstat, you can monitor programs that are making connections to remote hosts:
$ netstat -tpe
The -t flag limits the output to show only TCP connections. The -p flag displays the PID and name of the program making the connection. The -e flag displays extra information, such as the user name under which each program is running.
- Brent Laster's Professional Git (Wrox)
- Smoothwall Express
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Own Your DNS Data
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Simple Server Hardening
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Ensono M.O.
- SSH Tunneling - Poor Techie's VPN