Tech Tip: Start a Kiosk Style Machine Running a Single X11 Application
By changing your Xsession file you can start a kiosk-style machine that starts a single X11 application.
On Debian you would change the file /etc/X11/Xsession.d/99x11-common_start. In stock form there is a line that reads:
Change that to read:
On some Linux distros the Xsession file may actually be a single file rather than a directory of files. A search such as:
find /etc/X11 -iname 'Xsession*'
should find it for you. The actual line to change may differ also but should be near the end and be an exec statement or a function call that invokes exec.
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part III
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux
- Linux Journal January 2017