Tech Tip: Start a Kiosk Style Machine Running a Single X11 Application
By changing your Xsession file you can start a kiosk-style machine that starts a single X11 application.
On Debian you would change the file /etc/X11/Xsession.d/99x11-common_start. In stock form there is a line that reads:
Change that to read:
On some Linux distros the Xsession file may actually be a single file rather than a directory of files. A search such as:
find /etc/X11 -iname 'Xsession*'
should find it for you. The actual line to change may differ also but should be near the end and be an exec statement or a function call that invokes exec.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Senior Perl Developer
- RSS Feeds