Tech Tip: Start a Kiosk Style Machine Running a Single X11 Application
By changing your Xsession file you can start a kiosk-style machine that starts a single X11 application.
On Debian you would change the file /etc/X11/Xsession.d/99x11-common_start. In stock form there is a line that reads:
Change that to read:
On some Linux distros the Xsession file may actually be a single file rather than a directory of files. A search such as:
find /etc/X11 -iname 'Xsession*'
should find it for you. The actual line to change may differ also but should be near the end and be an exec statement or a function call that invokes exec.
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- New Products
- RSS Feeds
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Drupal Special Edition
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux