Tech Tip: Start a Kiosk Style Machine Running a Single X11 Application
By changing your Xsession file you can start a kiosk-style machine that starts a single X11 application.
On Debian you would change the file /etc/X11/Xsession.d/99x11-common_start. In stock form there is a line that reads:
Change that to read:
On some Linux distros the Xsession file may actually be a single file rather than a directory of files. A search such as:
find /etc/X11 -iname 'Xsession*'
should find it for you. The actual line to change may differ also but should be near the end and be an exec statement or a function call that invokes exec.
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script
- Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory