Tech Tip: Restore Ctrl-Alt-Backspace in Ubuntu
In the last release of Ubuntu (9.04) the Ctrl+Alt+Backspace key sequence normally used to kill the X server was disabled by default. Apparently many people like to kill their X server this way so a workaround "dontzap" package was used to enable it. With the latest Ubuntu release (9.10, aka Karmic) it's even simpler to enable it.
To enable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace in latest Karmic release simply go to:
System –> Preferences –> Keyboard –> Layout (Tab) –> Layout Options –> Key sequence to kill the X server –> (Tick) Control + Alt + Backspace.
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- Privacy Is Personal
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Django Templates
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet
- Attack of the Drones