Tech Tip: Restore Ctrl-Alt-Backspace in Ubuntu
In the last release of Ubuntu (9.04) the Ctrl+Alt+Backspace key sequence normally used to kill the X server was disabled by default. Apparently many people like to kill their X server this way so a workaround "dontzap" package was used to enable it. With the latest Ubuntu release (9.10, aka Karmic) it's even simpler to enable it.
To enable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace in latest Karmic release simply go to:
System –> Preferences –> Keyboard –> Layout (Tab) –> Layout Options –> Key sequence to kill the X server –> (Tick) Control + Alt + Backspace.
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Debugging Democracy
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff