Slice and Dice PDF
Using poppler-tools and psutils, you can extract a range of pages from a larger PDF file. For example, if you want to extract pages 11–14 of the PDF file afile.pdf, you could use the following command:
$ pdftops afile.pdf - | psselect -p11-14 | ps2pdf - file-p11-14.pdf
The pdftops command converts the PDF file to PostScript; the psselect command selects the relevant pages from the PostScript, and the ps2pdf command converts the selected PostScript into a new PDF file.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Aug 20, 2014|
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- New Products
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Returning Values from Bash Functions