Ruport Book Released
The Ruport Book Project has announced that they’ve begun shipping pre-orders of their book. The primary authors, Gregory Brown and Michale Milner, are core developers of the Ruport reporting system for Ruby as well.
The book has been written in a tremendously open fashion, with Gregory and Michael gathering suggestions, feedback, and even editing through an open mailing list, and making frequent ‘beta’ releases of the book available for download—in fact, you can download free copies of the completed book as well.
I’ve written about different publishing styles before (here, here, here, and here if you’d like to go and look at them), but these guys are really pushing toward the edges of a community driven, boutique/self-publishing model.
From the looking that I’ve done, this looks like an excellent book. If you’re interested in reporting with Ruby, or you just want to support this kind of effort, you can always pick up a copy from LuLu.com.
-- -pate http://on-ruby.blogspot.com
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Google's Abacus Project: It's All about Trust
- Seeing Red and Getting Sleep
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Fancy Tricks for Changing Numeric Base
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Introduction
- Working with Command Arguments
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Installation
- CentOS 6.8 Released
- The Italian Army Switches to LibreOffice
- Linux Mint 18