Run Windows XP on Ubuntu with Virtualbox
VirtualBox is a general-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is a professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.
VirtualBox runs on Windows, Linux, Macintosh and OpenSolaris hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), and OpenBSD.
The below video by EdgyRootStudios demonstrates how to run Microsoft Windows XP on Linux Ubuntu Edgy Eft 6.1.0 using VirtualBox.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer