No pine on CentOS?
This is a trick I call "Pine Cent". CentOS doesn't come with Pine installed, so if you want a text based mailer, you're stuck with "mail".
So here's what I do on all my CentOS servers:
# alias pine=mutt
> alias pine mutt
It's kinda a joke, because well mutt is a very nice text mode email client. Being an old user of unix from way back, something in my brain is hardwired to type "pine" when I want to read email.
Note, the learning curve is a bit steep if you are accustomed to pine, but mutt is just as powerful, if not more so. If you're a mutt "power user" I'd love to see some things you've done with it.
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Security Hardening with Ansible