No pine on CentOS?
This is a trick I call "Pine Cent". CentOS doesn't come with Pine installed, so if you want a text based mailer, you're stuck with "mail".
So here's what I do on all my CentOS servers:
# alias pine=mutt
> alias pine mutt
It's kinda a joke, because well mutt is a very nice text mode email client. Being an old user of unix from way back, something in my brain is hardwired to type "pine" when I want to read email.
Note, the learning curve is a bit steep if you are accustomed to pine, but mutt is just as powerful, if not more so. If you're a mutt "power user" I'd love to see some things you've done with it.
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- Ensono M.O.
- Own Your DNS Data
- Simple Server Hardening
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)