No pine on CentOS?
This is a trick I call "Pine Cent". CentOS doesn't come with Pine installed, so if you want a text based mailer, you're stuck with "mail".
So here's what I do on all my CentOS servers:
# alias pine=mutt
> alias pine mutt
It's kinda a joke, because well mutt is a very nice text mode email client. Being an old user of unix from way back, something in my brain is hardwired to type "pine" when I want to read email.
Note, the learning curve is a bit steep if you are accustomed to pine, but mutt is just as powerful, if not more so. If you're a mutt "power user" I'd love to see some things you've done with it.
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Smith Charts for All