No pine on CentOS?
This is a trick I call "Pine Cent". CentOS doesn't come with Pine installed, so if you want a text based mailer, you're stuck with "mail".
So here's what I do on all my CentOS servers:
# alias pine=mutt
> alias pine mutt
It's kinda a joke, because well mutt is a very nice text mode email client. Being an old user of unix from way back, something in my brain is hardwired to type "pine" when I want to read email.
Note, the learning curve is a bit steep if you are accustomed to pine, but mutt is just as powerful, if not more so. If you're a mutt "power user" I'd love to see some things you've done with it.
Special Reports: DevOps
- Dealing with Boundary Issues
- SUSE – “Will not diverge from its Open Source roots!”
- Libreboot on an X60, Part I: the Setup
- October 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Raspberry Pi
- Vagrant Simplified
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- Bluetooth Hacks
- New Products
- February 2015 Video Preview