Make a file unrecoverable
You have a file "test".The following command makes it so no one can read it.If the file was 12 bytes, it's now 4096 after it has been over written 100 times. There's no way to recover this.
$ shred -n 100 -z test
Want to remove the file? Use the "u" option.
$ shred -n 100 -z -u test
It can be applied to a device also
For more pls visit
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- New Products
- EdgeRouter Lite
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server