Make a file unrecoverable
You have a file "test".The following command makes it so no one can read it.If the file was 12 bytes, it's now 4096 after it has been over written 100 times. There's no way to recover this.
$ shred -n 100 -z test
Want to remove the file? Use the "u" option.
$ shred -n 100 -z -u test
It can be applied to a device also
For more pls visit
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Non-Linux FOSS: AutoHotkey
- RSS Feeds