Finding Which RPM Package Contains a File
To search a list of RPM files for a particular file, execute the following command:
$ ls RPMS-TO-SEARCH | \ xargs rpm --query --filesbypkg --package | \ grep FILE-TO-SEARCH-FOR
Replace RPMS-TO-SEARCH with the names of the RPM files to search, and replace FILE-TO-SEARCH-FOR with the name of the file to search for. The --filesbypkg option tells the rpm command to output the name of the package as well as the name of the file.
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script
- Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory