Finding Which RPM Package Contains a File
To search a list of RPM files for a particular file, execute the following command:
$ ls RPMS-TO-SEARCH | \ xargs rpm --query --filesbypkg --package | \ grep FILE-TO-SEARCH-FOR
Replace RPMS-TO-SEARCH with the names of the RPM files to search, and replace FILE-TO-SEARCH-FOR with the name of the file to search for. The --filesbypkg option tells the rpm command to output the name of the package as well as the name of the file.
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Smoothwall Express
- Own Your DNS Data
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Ensono M.O.