Finding Which RPM Package Contains a File
To search a list of RPM files for a particular file, execute the following command:
$ ls RPMS-TO-SEARCH | \ xargs rpm --query --filesbypkg --package | \ grep FILE-TO-SEARCH-FOR
Replace RPMS-TO-SEARCH with the names of the RPM files to search, and replace FILE-TO-SEARCH-FOR with the name of the file to search for. The --filesbypkg option tells the rpm command to output the name of the package as well as the name of the file.
- Nmap—Not Just for Evil!
- Resurrecting the Armadillo
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers