Finding Which RPM Package Contains a File
To search a list of RPM files for a particular file, execute the following command:
$ ls RPMS-TO-SEARCH | \ xargs rpm --query --filesbypkg --package | \ grep FILE-TO-SEARCH-FOR
Replace RPMS-TO-SEARCH with the names of the RPM files to search, and replace FILE-TO-SEARCH-FOR with the name of the file to search for. The --filesbypkg option tells the rpm command to output the name of the package as well as the name of the file.
Today five randomly drawn entrants will win:
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock mug and LJ subscription
Enter to Win
|December Daily Giveaways are Back!||Dec 01, 2015|
|December 2015 Video Preview||Nov 30, 2015|
|Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot||Nov 30, 2015|
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
- Take Control of Your PC with UEFI Secure Boot
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- December Daily Giveaways are Back!
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration