Finding Which RPM Package Contains a File
To search a list of RPM files for a particular file, execute the following command:
$ ls RPMS-TO-SEARCH | \ xargs rpm --query --filesbypkg --package | \ grep FILE-TO-SEARCH-FOR
Replace RPMS-TO-SEARCH with the names of the RPM files to search, and replace FILE-TO-SEARCH-FOR with the name of the file to search for. The --filesbypkg option tells the rpm command to output the name of the package as well as the name of the file.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Giving Silos Their Due
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Firefox OS
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk