Collaboration Summit Keynotes Available Online
If you weren't able to score an invite to last month's Collaboration Summit in San Francisco, or just didn't have the time to go, you don't have to miss out on the high points.
The Linux Foundation describes its annual Collaboration Summit as a "gathering of the brightest minds in Linux, designed to accelerate collaboration and problem solving." The three-day gathering includes a variety of panels, workgroups, and presentations on subjects ranging from cloud computing to legal issues to mobile platforms.
Also among the events are a selection of keynote addresses from high-profile figures in the Linux world. Past speakers have included executives from IBM, Intel, Oracle, MySQL, Nokia, and others, as well as from the Linux Foundation itself. This year, the Foundation extended the Summit's audience by streaming the first day's sessions live via its still-in-beta streaming service.
Of course, not everyone can take the day off to tune in, no matter how thrilling the sessions might be. The Foundation is offering a second chance to catch the Summit's highlights, in the form of selected keynote addresses and panel presentations. Included are:
- State of the Linux Union
- 10+ Years of Linux at IBM
- Does Open Source Mean Open Cloud?
- The Linux Kernel: What's Next
- Why Your Life Might Depend on Your Code
A full listing is available from the Collaboration Summit section of the Foundation's video library — videos from a number of other events are also available. Presentation slides are also available, for those looking to follow along.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Wine 1.8 Released