Check Your Computer's Temperature
You can check your computer's temperature using only standard tools, with the command:
$ cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/*/temperature
Depending on your hardware, you may have more than one sensor.
This method of checking your computer's temperate works only if ACPI thermal zones are supported on your computer. Most laptops and some desktop systems support them.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Server Hardening
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software