Check Your Computer's Temperature
You can check your computer's temperature using only standard tools, with the command:
$ cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/*/temperature
Depending on your hardware, you may have more than one sensor.
This method of checking your computer's temperate works only if ACPI thermal zones are supported on your computer. Most laptops and some desktop systems support them.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- A More Stable Future for Ubuntu
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...