Check Your Computer's Temperature
You can check your computer's temperature using only standard tools, with the command:
$ cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/*/temperature
Depending on your hardware, you may have more than one sensor.
This method of checking your computer's temperate works only if ACPI thermal zones are supported on your computer. Most laptops and some desktop systems support them.
- Nmap—Not Just for Evil!
- Resurrecting the Armadillo
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers