Check Your Computer's Temperature
You can check your computer's temperature using only standard tools, with the command:
$ cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/*/temperature
Depending on your hardware, you may have more than one sensor.
This method of checking your computer's temperate works only if ACPI thermal zones are supported on your computer. Most laptops and some desktop systems support them.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- New Products
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Customizing Vim
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- RSS Feeds