Call for Articles: Desktop
Let's do Desktops a bit differently this time: instead of looking at what's on our Desktops, let's get underneath the desk and see what's going on.
Let's talk about the nuts and bolts that are gonna build our desktops of the future. Let's talk about how to build a plasmoid. Let's talk about Clutter and WebKit.
What's happening with GTK/GNOME? Is there any progress/convergence on where GTK3/GNOME3 should go?
What's new with X? What is XRandR and why should we be excited? Has the shift to xorg from xfree86 produced the expected fruit?
And let's take a peek underneath our spreadsheets too. Tell us how to extend them with pyuno or kross.
Send your proposals to email@example.com. The deadline for completed articles is December 1.
Mitch Frazier is an Associate Editor for Linux Journal.
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Localhost DNS Cache
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- You're the Boss with UBOS
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers
- Multitenant Sites
- PostgreSQL, the NoSQL Database