Android Sneaks Out An Awesome Gmail Upgrade
One of my biggest beefs with Gmail on my Droid (rooted, running Cyanogenmod 6.1.2) is that I could never reply with an address other than my gmail account. I have several accounts tied to gmail, and with the web client, you can choose which account to reply with. In fact, Gmail does a good job of replying with the address the email was sent to.
Except with Android.
It drove me nuts. Many of you have probably emailed me at my linuxjournal.com email address, only to get a response from my trunkboy account on Gmail. It's driven me insane for over a year now. Until today anyway.
One of the recent updates to my Gmail application added a really nice feature; pick which account to reply from. It's possible it's been around for a while, but I just noticed it. Now, the native Android Gmail app works just like the web version, and I look a little more professional when I reply. Well, apart from my signature file...
- Stepping into Science
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Synacor, Inc.'s Zimbra Open Source Support and Zimbra Suite Plus
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- Radio Free Linux
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault