Access the X Window System Clipboard from the Command Line with xclip
Ever selected text from your terminal so you could paste it into an X application? Drop the mouse and use xclip instead. Using xclip, you simply can pipe the contents that you want to clip directly into xclip:
$ lspci | xclip
Then, go to your X application and paste the captured output into the application. xclip also lets you “paste” selected text into the terminal. Just use the -o switch to output the highlighted text from the active selection:
$ xclip -o
xclip can be found at sourceforge.net/projects/xclip.
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- An Introduction to Tabled Logic Programming with Picat
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script