Access the X Window System Clipboard from the Command Line with xclip
Ever selected text from your terminal so you could paste it into an X application? Drop the mouse and use xclip instead. Using xclip, you simply can pipe the contents that you want to clip directly into xclip:
$ lspci | xclip
Then, go to your X application and paste the captured output into the application. xclip also lets you “paste” selected text into the terminal. Just use the -o switch to output the highlighted text from the active selection:
$ xclip -o
xclip can be found at sourceforge.net/projects/xclip.
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!