Access the X Window System Clipboard from the Command Line with xclip
Ever selected text from your terminal so you could paste it into an X application? Drop the mouse and use xclip instead. Using xclip, you simply can pipe the contents that you want to clip directly into xclip:
$ lspci | xclip
Then, go to your X application and paste the captured output into the application. xclip also lets you “paste” selected text into the terminal. Just use the -o switch to output the highlighted text from the active selection:
$ xclip -o
xclip can be found at sourceforge.net/projects/xclip.
- Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- FinTech and SAP HANA
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now
- Hodge Podge
- HOSTING Monitoring Insights
- GRUB Boot from ISO
- Chemistry on the Desktop