Access the X Window System Clipboard from the Command Line with xclip
Ever selected text from your terminal so you could paste it into an X application? Drop the mouse and use xclip instead. Using xclip, you simply can pipe the contents that you want to clip directly into xclip:
$ lspci | xclip
Then, go to your X application and paste the captured output into the application. xclip also lets you “paste” selected text into the terminal. Just use the -o switch to output the highlighted text from the active selection:
$ xclip -o
xclip can be found at sourceforge.net/projects/xclip.
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Smoothwall Express
- Simple Server Hardening
- Own Your DNS Data
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Ensono M.O.
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations