Virtualize a Server with Minimal Downtime
Feb 01, 2008 By Kyle Rankin
When it's time to convert a physical machine to a virtual one, use these steps to make the move safely and with a small maintenance window.
Kyle Rankin is a VP of engineering operations at Final, Inc., the author of a number of books including DevOps Troubleshooting and The Official Ubuntu Server Book, and is a columnist for Linux Journal. Follow him @kylerankin.
- Making a PHP Site on Linux Work with a Microsoft SQL Server Database
- Hash Tables—Theory and Practice
- The Ubuntu Conspiracy
- A First Look at IBM's New Linux Servers
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- Vigilante Malware
- Vagrant Simplified
- New Products
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- Dealing with Boundary Issues