Virtualize a Server with Minimal Downtime
Feb 01, 2008 By Kyle Rankin
When it's time to convert a physical machine to a virtual one, use these steps to make the move safely and with a small maintenance window.
Kyle Rankin is a director of engineering operations in the San Francisco Bay Area, the author of a number of books including DevOps Troubleshooting and The Official Ubuntu Server Book, and is a columnist for Linux Journal.
- September 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- Returning Values from Bash Functions