Virtualize a Server with Minimal Downtime
Feb 01, 2008 By Kyle Rankin
When it's time to convert a physical machine to a virtual one, use these steps to make the move safely and with a small maintenance window.
Kyle Rankin is a VP of engineering operations at Final, Inc., the author of a number of books including DevOps Troubleshooting and The Official Ubuntu Server Book, and is a columnist for Linux Journal. Follow him @kylerankin.
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Server Hardening
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software