Virtualize a Server with Minimal Downtime
Feb 01, 2008 By Kyle Rankin
When it's time to convert a physical machine to a virtual one, use these steps to make the move safely and with a small maintenance window.
Kyle Rankin is a director of engineering operations in the San Francisco Bay Area, the author of a number of books including DevOps Troubleshooting and The Official Ubuntu Server Book, and is a columnist for Linux Journal.
- October 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Embedded
- Encrypt Your Dog (Mutt and GPG)
- Practical Tiny Core in the Fire Service
- DevOps for Dummies
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- New Products
- Open Axiom
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions