Virtualize a Server with Minimal Downtime
Feb 01, 2008 By Kyle Rankin
When it's time to convert a physical machine to a virtual one, use these steps to make the move safely and with a small maintenance window.
Kyle Rankin is a VP of engineering operations at Final, Inc., the author of a number of books including DevOps Troubleshooting and The Official Ubuntu Server Book, and is a columnist for Linux Journal. Follow him @kylerankin.
- Stepping into Science
- Synacor, Inc.'s Zimbra Open Source Support and Zimbra Suite Plus
- Linux Journal December 2016
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- Radio Free Linux
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python