Controlling a Pinball Machine Using Linux
This project is a success story for the Linux 2.6 kernel. It demonstrates that a complex, real-time process control application can be created using a kernel workqueue instead of a complicated hardware interrupt or an additional, real-time package like RTLinux. Furthermore, through the choice of a pinball machine, a jack-of-all-trades hacker can produce something truly useful and fun to play.
Resources for this article: /article/8529.
John R. Bork is an IT System Integrator at Marathon Petroleum Company in Findlay, Ohio. He has been hacking Linux and pinball machines since 1999.
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie