Controlling a Pinball Machine Using Linux
This project is a success story for the Linux 2.6 kernel. It demonstrates that a complex, real-time process control application can be created using a kernel workqueue instead of a complicated hardware interrupt or an additional, real-time package like RTLinux. Furthermore, through the choice of a pinball machine, a jack-of-all-trades hacker can produce something truly useful and fun to play.
Resources for this article: /article/8529.
John R. Bork is an IT System Integrator at Marathon Petroleum Company in Findlay, Ohio. He has been hacking Linux and pinball machines since 1999.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- <Watch> HD! Watch Walking On Sunshine Online Full Movie Streaming