Your NFS shares can be shared with Windows clients by running a Samba server on the NFS host. The Samba server must join your FOO SMB domain. Run the following command on the Samba server to join the SMB domain:
smbbpasswd -j [FOO] -r [PDC]
Congratulations! Your LDAP server is up and running with shared e-mail contacts, unified login and shared file storage that is accessible from any client. You probably want to write some administrative utilities to help maintain user and group accounts. Again, we recommend Perl for the task.
ldapsync.pl originally written by Jody Haynes for Samba-Tng.
- Resurrecting the Armadillo
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Localhost DNS Cache
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers
- You're the Boss with UBOS