LJ Staff at Open Source Conference
Speaking of our favorite Publisher....
Sick of hearing about Perl, Python and Java as the only way to do scripting on your Linux system? Well, if so, the "Programming Without Perl" tutorial may be what you are looking for. Presented by Linux Journal's very own Phil Hughes, this class will show you how tr, cut, awk, sed, Bash and grep can do some pretty exciting stuff for you without the steep learning curve of a language such as Perl.
Phil has been awking and grepping for 20 years and has lived to tell about it. The tutorial will be presented in the morning on Monday, July 17.
- Two Pi R
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- AIDE—Developing for Android on Android
- Best. Cake. Ever.
- The Geek's Guide to the Coolest 2013 Holiday Gifts
- A Handy U-Boot Trick
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Uber jealous
4 hours 48 min ago
- Reality is disapointing
15 hours 21 min ago
- Máy sấy quần áo
18 hours 7 min ago
- Services on GlusterFS
18 hours 17 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
19 hours 57 min ago
- Definitely cool stuff here
20 hours 58 min ago
- thanks for the information
22 hours 9 min ago
- nice information thanks
22 hours 48 min ago
1 day 1 hour ago
- The lost opportunity of security
1 day 13 hours ago