LJ Staff at Open Source Conference
Speaking of our favorite Publisher....
Sick of hearing about Perl, Python and Java as the only way to do scripting on your Linux system? Well, if so, the "Programming Without Perl" tutorial may be what you are looking for. Presented by Linux Journal's very own Phil Hughes, this class will show you how tr, cut, awk, sed, Bash and grep can do some pretty exciting stuff for you without the steep learning curve of a language such as Perl.
Phil has been awking and grepping for 20 years and has lived to tell about it. The tutorial will be presented in the morning on Monday, July 17.
- Secret Agent Man
- Own Your DNS Data
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Smoothwall Express
- Brent Laster's Professional Git (Wrox)
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Simple Server Hardening
- Bash Arrays