Now that you have your PnP card working under Linux, wouldn't it be great if those devices were set up automatically at boot time? I added the above two lines to my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file, so that my sound driver is loaded each time I boot the system.
This example used what I view as the most common plug-and-play situation when using Linux—a sound card. Other PnP devices exist, such as modems and network cards. The same technique can be applied to those cards as well.
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks