PIC Programming with Linux
Make sure the programmer is connected and the processor is plugged in correctly. Press the R key from the main menu and the data from the processor will be read into the internal buffer; its clock type and fuse states will be displayed on the second line of the display. As it is reading, picprg will display every 16th address, just to let you know it is working correctly.
With the programmer connected and the processor plugged in the right direction, press P to start the programming process. The data in RAM will be written to the PIC and the third line will display “Programming PIC”. If any errors are found, they will be displayed with the address, the value read from the PIC during the failed verify and the value expected. Every 16th address it programs will be displayed, assuring you that it is still working.
From this point, it's up to you to learn how to write programs for the PIC. Many useful sites which can help you on your way are on the Internet; David Tait's list of PIC resources is the best starting point.
Brian Lane lives with his wife Denise in Olalla, Washington. He spends his days developing embedded software and his nights writing Linux code. He can be contacted at email@example.com or http://www.tatoosh.com/nexus/.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- New Products
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- ~Putlocker~2014 Watch Boyhood Online Streaming Full Movie
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie