The Samba Team has announced Samba 1.9.18. Samba 1.9.18 is a file and print server suite for corporate network integration with Microsoft Windows clients. Samba now implements the opportunistic locking feature of the SMB/DIFS protocol. The new version provides for dynamic code page support and full support for servers with multiple network interfaces. Samba 1.9.18 has no client license fees and may be used without cost on any compatible server operating system. Commercial support for Samba is available at ftp://samba.anu.edu.au/pub/samba/Support.txt.
Contact: The Samba Team, URL: http://samba.canberra.edu.au/pub/samba/.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Server Hardening
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- New Products