The Samba Team has announced Samba 1.9.18. Samba 1.9.18 is a file and print server suite for corporate network integration with Microsoft Windows clients. Samba now implements the opportunistic locking feature of the SMB/DIFS protocol. The new version provides for dynamic code page support and full support for servers with multiple network interfaces. Samba 1.9.18 has no client license fees and may be used without cost on any compatible server operating system. Commercial support for Samba is available at ftp://samba.anu.edu.au/pub/samba/Support.txt.
Contact: The Samba Team, URL: http://samba.canberra.edu.au/pub/samba/.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
11am CDT, April 29th
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.Join us!
- New Products
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: High-Performance Computing
- Not So Dynamic Updates
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- April 2015 Video Preview
- Tighten Up SSH
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters