Work the Shell - <emphasis>Mad Libs</emphasis> Generator, Part II
Jun 30, 2011 By Dave Taylor
Choosing only the interesting words out of a text passage for a
Mad Libs-style game proves to be a darn difficult task within a shell script, but Dave's up to the challenge.
Dave Taylor has been hacking shell scripts for over thirty years. Really. He's the author of the popular "Wicked Cool Shell Scripts" and can be found on Twitter as @DaveTaylor and more generally at www.DaveTaylorOnline.com.
- Transitioning to Python 3
- OpenSSL Hacks
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- What is your favorite Linux distribution for use on the desktop?
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- Equus Computer Systems, Inc.'s 1.5U Server
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Linux Journal December 2016