I am currently an independent business and technology consultant, skilled Perl application developer, and a Linux system administrator with over 20 years of experience.
I am looking to join a company that believes that IT is a team sport. That understands that hardware, software, network, sysadmin, and project management are all interdependent and that we succeed or fail as a team. I want to find a team that collaborates, where I can learn new things as well as sharing my knowledge with others. That is the great thing about knowledge it is an unlimited resource, no matter how much you give away you always retain the same supply.
My primary focus has been in the following areas:
1. Business consulting and management
2. System architecture from the ground up of turn-key solutions (hardware, sysadmin, and application)
3. Designing and developing applications using Perl
5. Design and Development of custom combined VOIP and web systems
6. Large installation system design and administration (clustering solutions)
Chad Columbus's Articles
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
11am CDT, April 29th
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.Join us!