- The Linux Hardware Compatibility HOWTO lists most of the hardware known to be either supported or unsupported under Linux.
Laptops and mobile devices
- Linux on Laptops: full installation notes for hundreds of laptop and notebook computers.
- tuxmobil.org: Linux With Laptops, Notebooks, PDAs and Mobile Cell Phones. Start here for information on getting a net connection with your mobile phone.
Distribution hardware support lists
Your distribution's list is the best way to tell if a piece of hardware will work when you first install Linux. Products listed on other hardware support lists may require manual configuration or a software upgrade.
- Gentoo Hardware Compatibility
- Linspire Hardware Compatibility
- Mandriva Hardware Compatibility
- MEPIS Hardware Compatibility
- PCLinuxOS Hardware Compatibility
- Red Hat Certified Hardware
- SUSE Linux Hardware Database
- Turbolinux Hardware Compatibility
- Ubuntu Hardware Support
- ALSA Soundcard Matrix: the big list of what sound hardware works "out of the box" with recent versions of Linux.
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- Wi-Fi on the Command Line
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!