Brent Laster's Professional Git (Wrox)
More than 40% of software developers use the massively popular software development tool Git as their primary source control tool. Those new to the Git fold who are looking for a professional, up-to-date guide to get them rolling have a new resource in Brent Laster's new book Professional Git.
Laster's Wrox-published title is more than just a development manual: it gets users into the "Git mindset". The book offers extensive discussion of corollaries to traditional systems as well as considerations unique to Git to help one draw upon existing skills while looking out—and planning for—the differences.
Connected labs and exercises are interspersed at key points to reinforce important concepts and deepen understanding, while a focus on the practical goes beyond technical tutorials to help users integrate the Git model into real-world workflows. This book instructs users how to harness the power and flexibility of Git to streamline the development cycle.
James Gray is Products Editor for Linux Journal.
|SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension||Mar 29, 2017|
|Hybrid Cloud Storage Delivers Performance and Value||Mar 29, 2017|
|smbclient Security for Windows Printing and File Transfer||Mar 28, 2017|
|How to Calculate Flash Storage TCO||Mar 27, 2017|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!||Mar 27, 2017|
|Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now||Mar 25, 2017|
- smbclient Security for Windows Printing and File Transfer
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension
- Hybrid Cloud Storage Delivers Performance and Value
- Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- How to Calculate Flash Storage TCO
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- Chemistry on the Desktop
- Hodge Podge