Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
Every year, SUSE honors 4 companies worldwide, one in each region of the globe: Latin America, APAC, EMEA and North America. Recipient companies are recognized for “defining the future:” using SUSE open source solutions for IT transformation, increased business agility and continuity. 2016 award recipients are :
- Ach á Laboratorios Farmaceuticos S.A. – Latin America
- Nan Shan Life Insurance Co. Ltd. – APAC
- SAP SE – EMEA
- Tyson Foods Inc. – North America
“As a group and individually, these honored organizations were able to operate more efficiently, create new products and services faster and ultimately beat their competition by harnessing the power and flexibility of open source platforms,” said Ronald deJong, SUSE President of Sales.
Patrick Swartz, Lead Technical Analyst at Tyson Foods, who also happens to be a member of the Linux Journal Editorial Advisory Board, was in attendance at SUSECon to “accept” the honor on Tyson Food’s behalf and also present a session on SUSE Manager 3 & SaltStack at Tyson Foods. Tyson was an early participant in the beta program for SUSE Manager3 and Patrick’s team dove head first into the new SaltStack tools for systems management as they went through a large-scale platform migration for some of their mission critical systems. More on that later.
|NTPsec: a Secure, Hardened NTP Implementation||Mar 30, 2017|
|SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension||Mar 29, 2017|
|Hybrid Cloud Storage Delivers Performance and Value||Mar 29, 2017|
|smbclient Security for Windows Printing and File Transfer||Mar 28, 2017|
|How to Calculate Flash Storage TCO||Mar 27, 2017|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!||Mar 27, 2017|
- NTPsec: a Secure, Hardened NTP Implementation
- smbclient Security for Windows Printing and File Transfer
- Hybrid Cloud Storage Delivers Performance and Value
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Hodge Podge
- HOSTING Monitoring Insights
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now