Linux Systems Administrator
- Providing technical support for Level I-III issues via helpdesk and the telephone.
- Monitoring servers for stability and taking both proactive and reactive measures to
- correct and prevent issues.
- Providing fellow system administrators and support representatives with technical
- support and guidance.
- Assisting clients in transferring accounts to HostGator’s servers.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Apache, MySQL, and Exim
- across thousands of servers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment and
- follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues.
- Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
- Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts and to complete work as expected.
- Advanced knowledge of cPanel/WHM control panel.
- Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Knowledge of bash and Perl shell scripting.
- Advanced knowledge of Exim.
- Advanced knowledge of Apache.
- Flexible schedule.
- Understanding of PHP and HTML.