I write, teach and speak at public events about open digital standards, Free Software, digital technologies and the their relations and impact on education, ethics, civil rights and environmental issues. I also run an easy online course for all citizens, called Digital Citizens Basics on all these topics.
I am the author of the Family Guide to Digital Freedom, "the one book on software and digital technologies that no parent should ignore" and a co-autor of Open Government: Collaboration, Transparency, and Participation in Practice (O'Reilly, Jan. 2010).
You can download my public talks and read more about my activities at mfioretti.com. In 2009 I have also started to regularly write about the same issues above for the general public (but especially for teachers and parents) at the Stop at Zona-M.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Firefox OS