I write, teach and speak at public events about open digital standards, Free Software, digital technologies and the their relations and impact on education, ethics, civil rights and environmental issues. I also run an easy online course for all citizens, called Digital Citizens Basics on all these topics.
I am the author of the Family Guide to Digital Freedom, "the one book on software and digital technologies that no parent should ignore" and a co-autor of Open Government: Collaboration, Transparency, and Participation in Practice (O'Reilly, Jan. 2010).
You can download my public talks and read more about my activities at mfioretti.com. In 2009 I have also started to regularly write about the same issues above for the general public (but especially for teachers and parents) at the Stop at Zona-M.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- RSS Feeds
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- It Actually Is Rocket Science