I write, teach and speak at public events about open digital standards, Free Software, digital technologies and the their relations and impact on education, ethics, civil rights and environmental issues. I also run an easy online course for all citizens, called Digital Citizens Basics on all these topics.
I am the author of the Family Guide to Digital Freedom, "the one book on software and digital technologies that no parent should ignore" and a co-autor of Open Government: Collaboration, Transparency, and Participation in Practice (O'Reilly, Jan. 2010).
You can download my public talks and read more about my activities at mfioretti.com. In 2009 I have also started to regularly write about the same issues above for the general public (but especially for teachers and parents) at the Stop at Zona-M.
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Smoothwall Express
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Own Your DNS Data
- Simple Server Hardening
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Ensono M.O.