I write, teach and speak at public events about open digital standards, Free Software, digital technologies and the their relations and impact on education, ethics, civil rights and environmental issues. I also run an easy online course for all citizens, called Digital Citizens Basics on all these topics.
I am the author of the Family Guide to Digital Freedom, "the one book on software and digital technologies that no parent should ignore" and a co-autor of Open Government: Collaboration, Transparency, and Participation in Practice (O'Reilly, Jan. 2010).
You can download my public talks and read more about my activities at mfioretti.com. In 2009 I have also started to regularly write about the same issues above for the general public (but especially for teachers and parents) at the Stop at Zona-M.
- Chemistry on the Desktop
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Two Factors Are Better Than One
- HOSTING Monitoring Insights
- Hodge Podge
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Five HPC Cost Considerations to Maximize ROI
- TRENDnet's WiFi Everywhere Powerline 1200 AV2 Access Point, Model TPL-430AP
- Google Begins Making DMCA Takedowns Public