I write, teach and speak at public events about open digital standards, Free Software, digital technologies and the their relations and impact on education, ethics, civil rights and environmental issues. I also run an easy online course for all citizens, called Digital Citizens Basics on all these topics.
I am the author of the Family Guide to Digital Freedom, "the one book on software and digital technologies that no parent should ignore" and a co-autor of Open Government: Collaboration, Transparency, and Participation in Practice (O'Reilly, Jan. 2010).
You can download my public talks and read more about my activities at mfioretti.com. In 2009 I have also started to regularly write about the same issues above for the general public (but especially for teachers and parents) at the Stop at Zona-M.
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- How to Deliver Hybrid Apps in 2 Weeks [Webcast]
- Privacy Is Personal
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Django Templates
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet