OpenLogic To Tally Open Source Deployment
If you've ever wondered just how many people are using Open Source software, then sit up and listen, because your question may soon be answered. OpenLogic, Inc. has announced that they plan to conduct an Open Source Census, to determine just what and how much Open Source software is installed in the enterprise world.
The initiative, titled simply "The Open Source Census," invites enterprise users to utilize it's OSS Discovery tool to scan their systems and determine what Open Source applications are installed. The software will provide reports on the enterprise's Open Source usage and will even compare their usage statistics to other similar companies. The information will also be sent back anonymously to the Census project, where it will be aggregated and provided for free to the Open Source community.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Linux-Based X Terminals with XDMCP
- Viooz+HD~Watch Edge of Tomorrow Online Full Movie Streaming Free
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python