BarCamp is an ad-hoc technology gathering for people to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from attendees. If you've not been to a BarCamp yet, check it out the next time one is local to you. Here's a list of upcoming BarCamps:
1. Nov. 21st - LiveCampToronto - Toronto, ON, Canada
2. Nov. 27th - DemoCampCalgary5 - Calgary, AB, Canada
3. Dec. 1st - EduCampNYC - NYC, NY
4. Dec. 8th - BarCampPhoenix - Phoenix, AZ
5. Dec. 8th - VancouverTransitCamp - Vancouver, B.C.
6. Dec. 15th - BarCampCalgary1 - Calgary, AB
7. Jan. 11th - Jan 13th - FUDConRaleigh2008 - Raleigh, NC, USA
8. Jan. 17th - DemoCampCUSEC2 - Montreal, QC, Canada
9. Jan. 18th-19th-MacCamp - San Francisco, CA - follow-on unconference to Macworld Expo/SF
10. Jan. 18th-19th-SoccerPubCampBaltimore - Baltimore, MD
11. Jan. 19th - DrupalCampWI - Milwaukee, WI
12. Jan. 26th, 27th - BarCampTX - Bryan/College Station, TX, USA - (30° 40' 25 N, 96° 22' 24 W)
13. Feb. 9th - Feb. 9th -barcampindy - Indianapolis, IN
14. Feb. 16th-Feb 17th - BarCampNOLA - New Orleans, LA
15. Feb. 22nd - Feb. 24th -DocuDramaBayArea - San Francisco, CA
16. Feb. 23rd - Feb. 24th - TransitCampBayArea - San Francisco, CA
17. Feb. 28th - BarCampMiami - Miami, FL
18. Mar. 1st-2nd - eDemocracyCamp - Washington DC - A barcamp with a special focus on e-democracy and related topics
19. Mar. 1st - BeaverBarCamp - Corvallis, Or
20. Apr. 19th - Apr 20th - GreenDevCamp - Mountain View, CA - (25.752314,-80.254674)
21. May. 17th - DevCampTivoli - Disney World, FL
Anyhow, our thanks to Ryan and Bill for all of the work they're putting in to the upcoming BarCamp Texas. Linux Journal will be there... hope to see you there too.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
|Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?||Aug 28, 2015|
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
|Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking||Aug 26, 2015|
|My Network Go-Bag||Aug 24, 2015|
|Doing Astronomy with Python||Aug 19, 2015|
|Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization||Aug 18, 2015|
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- Doing Astronomy with Python
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- My Network Go-Bag
- Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization
- Three More Lessons
- Calling All Linux Nerds!