Mozilla Market Share Tops 125 Million
According to Mozilla's Chief Operating Officer, the Firefox browser is now being used by over 125,000,000 people worldwide, give or take a few.
According to a post on John Lilly's blog, Mozilla has been tracking server pings sent by instances of the popular web browser's automatic update feature. According to Lilly, the tracking indicates that approximately 42 million instances of the automatic update service ping the Mozilla servers on an average day, and using this data, they are able to extrapolate to a worldwide total of 125 million users.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- You're the Boss with UBOS
- The Usability of GNOME
- Multitenant Sites
- Linux for Astronomers