Mozilla Market Share Tops 125 Million
According to Mozilla's Chief Operating Officer, the Firefox browser is now being used by over 125,000,000 people worldwide, give or take a few.
According to a post on John Lilly's blog, Mozilla has been tracking server pings sent by instances of the popular web browser's automatic update feature. According to Lilly, the tracking indicates that approximately 42 million instances of the automatic update service ping the Mozilla servers on an average day, and using this data, they are able to extrapolate to a worldwide total of 125 million users.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- New Products
- Firefox OS
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development