Mozilla Market Share Tops 125 Million
According to Mozilla's Chief Operating Officer, the Firefox browser is now being used by over 125,000,000 people worldwide, give or take a few.
According to a post on John Lilly's blog, Mozilla has been tracking server pings sent by instances of the popular web browser's automatic update feature. According to Lilly, the tracking indicates that approximately 42 million instances of the automatic update service ping the Mozilla servers on an average day, and using this data, they are able to extrapolate to a worldwide total of 125 million users.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Is the Private Cloud a Real Cloud?
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal