Mozilla Market Share Tops 125 Million
According to Mozilla's Chief Operating Officer, the Firefox browser is now being used by over 125,000,000 people worldwide, give or take a few.
According to a post on John Lilly's blog, Mozilla has been tracking server pings sent by instances of the popular web browser's automatic update feature. According to Lilly, the tracking indicates that approximately 42 million instances of the automatic update service ping the Mozilla servers on an average day, and using this data, they are able to extrapolate to a worldwide total of 125 million users.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Aug 20, 2014|
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- RSS Feeds
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Security Threats on the Rise
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!