iPhone Meets iSuit
The bumpy road of the iPhone has just gotten a bit bumpier, with both Apple and AT&T being named in a new lawsuit that alleges the phone's voice-mail system infringes on another company's patents.
The suit, filed by Klausner Technologies in the patent-friendly U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, alleges that the iPhone infringes on two Klausner patents related to visual voice-mail. The firm has concurrent suits against Skype, Comcast, and Cablevision, and in the past has settled with AOL and Vonage over infringement of related patents.
The suit estimates an excess of $460 million in damages, and has garnered Klausner comparisons to NTP, Inc., best known for their patent-infringement against BlackBerry manufacturers Research in Motion.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- New Products
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- New Products
- ~Putlocker~2014 Watch Boyhood Online Streaming Full Movie
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark