iPhone Meets iSuit
The bumpy road of the iPhone has just gotten a bit bumpier, with both Apple and AT&T being named in a new lawsuit that alleges the phone's voice-mail system infringes on another company's patents.
The suit, filed by Klausner Technologies in the patent-friendly U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, alleges that the iPhone infringes on two Klausner patents related to visual voice-mail. The firm has concurrent suits against Skype, Comcast, and Cablevision, and in the past has settled with AOL and Vonage over infringement of related patents.
The suit estimates an excess of $460 million in damages, and has garnered Klausner comparisons to NTP, Inc., best known for their patent-infringement against BlackBerry manufacturers Research in Motion.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- <Watch> HD! Watch Walking On Sunshine Online Full Movie Streaming