To Russia With LiveJournal
Popular blogging site LiveJournal — part of the Six Apart family which includes TypePad, Vox, and MoveableType — has been bought out by SUP, a Russian media firm which has been involved with LiveJournal since late 2006.
SUP began it's involvement with LiveJournal in October 2006, licensing the service to offer LiveJournal in Russia, which has come to account for more than a quarter of LiveJournal's web traffic. Both companies are working hard to dispel concerns that the change in ownership will negatively affect LiveJournal users, who have become known for their often-contentious views. As part of the effort, SUP has set up an advisory board and published a 100 day plan for the service.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- ~Putlocker~2014 Watch Boyhood Online Streaming Full Movie
- RSS Feeds
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- System Minimization
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!