To Russia With LiveJournal
Popular blogging site LiveJournal — part of the Six Apart family which includes TypePad, Vox, and MoveableType — has been bought out by SUP, a Russian media firm which has been involved with LiveJournal since late 2006.
SUP began it's involvement with LiveJournal in October 2006, licensing the service to offer LiveJournal in Russia, which has come to account for more than a quarter of LiveJournal's web traffic. Both companies are working hard to dispel concerns that the change in ownership will negatively affect LiveJournal users, who have become known for their often-contentious views. As part of the effort, SUP has set up an advisory board and published a 100 day plan for the service.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- New Products
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- RSS Feeds