To Russia With LiveJournal
Popular blogging site LiveJournal — part of the Six Apart family which includes TypePad, Vox, and MoveableType — has been bought out by SUP, a Russian media firm which has been involved with LiveJournal since late 2006.
SUP began it's involvement with LiveJournal in October 2006, licensing the service to offer LiveJournal in Russia, which has come to account for more than a quarter of LiveJournal's web traffic. Both companies are working hard to dispel concerns that the change in ownership will negatively affect LiveJournal users, who have become known for their often-contentious views. As part of the effort, SUP has set up an advisory board and published a 100 day plan for the service.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- RSS Feeds
- Senior Perl Developer