Ubuntu Hardy Heron (8.04)
Ubuntu's next LTS release date is not scheduled until April of 2008. However, you can test drive what the future will look like today. Follow these simple steps to upgrade your existing Gutsy Gibbon installation to Hardy Heron! I always run what is known as "ubuntu+1" immediately after the first Alpha release is finalized, which occurred today. I am happy to say that the dist-upgrade went smoothly and all is well :-)
$ sudo sed -i "s/gutsy/hardy/g" /etc/apt/sources.list
$ sudo aptitude update
$ sudo aptitude dist-upgrade
All done! If you run into any issues, join the #ubuntu+1 channel on Freenode's IRC server...
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- It Actually Is Rocket Science