Ubuntu Hardy Heron (8.04)
Ubuntu's next LTS release date is not scheduled until April of 2008. However, you can test drive what the future will look like today. Follow these simple steps to upgrade your existing Gutsy Gibbon installation to Hardy Heron! I always run what is known as "ubuntu+1" immediately after the first Alpha release is finalized, which occurred today. I am happy to say that the dist-upgrade went smoothly and all is well :-)
$ sudo sed -i "s/gutsy/hardy/g" /etc/apt/sources.list
$ sudo aptitude update
$ sudo aptitude dist-upgrade
All done! If you run into any issues, join the #ubuntu+1 channel on Freenode's IRC server...
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- New Products
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- Solving ODEs on Linux
- Tighten Up SSH
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters
- Android Candy: Bluetooth Auto Connect