Ubuntu Hardy Heron (8.04)
Ubuntu's next LTS release date is not scheduled until April of 2008. However, you can test drive what the future will look like today. Follow these simple steps to upgrade your existing Gutsy Gibbon installation to Hardy Heron! I always run what is known as "ubuntu+1" immediately after the first Alpha release is finalized, which occurred today. I am happy to say that the dist-upgrade went smoothly and all is well :-)
$ sudo sed -i "s/gutsy/hardy/g" /etc/apt/sources.list
$ sudo aptitude update
$ sudo aptitude dist-upgrade
All done! If you run into any issues, join the #ubuntu+1 channel on Freenode's IRC server...
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment