Is PDF-Per-Click On The Way?
Adobe will soon be bringing pay-per-click ads to a PDF near you, as the result of their latest deal with Yahoo.
Apparently, Adobe and Yahoo have decided that PDF documents are an untapped market for content-based ads. The partnership provides for Yahoo ads to appear in a side-panel of Adobe's PDF software, dynamically matched to the content of the PDF document. Adobe expects the new technology will provide a method for content producers to continue offering their content to users for free, subsidized by pay-per-click advertising.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
|June 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Networking||Jun 01, 2015|
|June 2015 Video Preview||Jun 01, 2015|
|My Humble Little Game Collection||May 28, 2015|
|New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality||May 27, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat||May 26, 2015|
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
- June 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Networking
- Download "Linux in the Time of Malware"
- New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- My Humble Little Game Collection
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.