Is PDF-Per-Click On The Way?
Adobe will soon be bringing pay-per-click ads to a PDF near you, as the result of their latest deal with Yahoo.
Apparently, Adobe and Yahoo have decided that PDF documents are an untapped market for content-based ads. The partnership provides for Yahoo ads to appear in a side-panel of Adobe's PDF software, dynamically matched to the content of the PDF document. Adobe expects the new technology will provide a method for content producers to continue offering their content to users for free, subsidized by pay-per-click advertising.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- The Qt Company's Qt Start-Up
- Devuan Beta Release
- Open-Source Project Secretly Funded by CIA
- May 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- The US Government and Open-Source Software
- EnterpriseDB's EDB Postgres Advanced Server and EDB Postgres Enterprise Manager
- BitTorrent Inc.'s Sync
- The Death of RoboVM
- The Humble Hacker?
- New Container Image Standard Promises More Portable Apps