Is PDF-Per-Click On The Way?
Adobe will soon be bringing pay-per-click ads to a PDF near you, as the result of their latest deal with Yahoo.
Apparently, Adobe and Yahoo have decided that PDF documents are an untapped market for content-based ads. The partnership provides for Yahoo ads to appear in a side-panel of Adobe's PDF software, dynamically matched to the content of the PDF document. Adobe expects the new technology will provide a method for content producers to continue offering their content to users for free, subsidized by pay-per-click advertising.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Wine 1.8 Released
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk