Is PDF-Per-Click On The Way?
Adobe will soon be bringing pay-per-click ads to a PDF near you, as the result of their latest deal with Yahoo.
Apparently, Adobe and Yahoo have decided that PDF documents are an untapped market for content-based ads. The partnership provides for Yahoo ads to appear in a side-panel of Adobe's PDF software, dynamically matched to the content of the PDF document. Adobe expects the new technology will provide a method for content producers to continue offering their content to users for free, subsidized by pay-per-click advertising.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- Linux for Astronomers
- You're the Boss with UBOS
- The Usability of GNOME
- Multitenant Sites
- PostgreSQL, the NoSQL Database