Is PDF-Per-Click On The Way?
Adobe will soon be bringing pay-per-click ads to a PDF near you, as the result of their latest deal with Yahoo.
Apparently, Adobe and Yahoo have decided that PDF documents are an untapped market for content-based ads. The partnership provides for Yahoo ads to appear in a side-panel of Adobe's PDF software, dynamically matched to the content of the PDF document. Adobe expects the new technology will provide a method for content producers to continue offering their content to users for free, subsidized by pay-per-click advertising.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- New Products
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- EdgeRouter Lite
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- RSS Feeds
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!